Skip to main content

Tour of Hell

Left Death Valley today... weather rules.

Departed on CA190 west over Townes Pass. Weather at the top was a little dicey, but no problem.

Continued on to Father Crowley Point and saw a couple of fighters go by, very low and very fast.

From Father Crowley Point all the way to the intersection with CA395 at Olenchia, CA, things got very challenging.

Temp dropped to about 30 degrees, wide was gusting to 30-35mph (my guess), and blowing sand started to obliterate the highway.

The weather, combined with the apocalyptic landscape and total cloud cover only a few hundred feet above the ground, led me to think I was riding through hell. I have always said that I would trust DR to carry me out of hell and today, that may have happened.

Now in Ridgecrest, CA, about 250 miles from the coast. A hotel room for the night and time to see what the current California storm brings so I can figure out my next move.

Have to thank Ernest for the solar camp light! Very nice and something I didn't know about. Stay in touch Earnest, let me know where your travels take you!



















 

Comments