Skip to main content

California Is A Whore!

 Dramatic title for this post, but I think it's true.

California gives you days of scorn and abuse that don't end until you have "paid enough", then Ecstasy. 

I must have paid enough because today was epic.

I left Manchester this morning, planning on riding to Brookings, OR. I only made it to Fortuna, CA. Staying at a hotel for two nights and exploring this area. I also have to get an oil change on DR.

CA 1 above Manchester is beautiful. The coast just kept getting better and better and the road had some fine technical sections. It was chilly and windy so heated gear was the order of the day.

After Fort Bragg, the road turned inland as it headed toward US 101. Climbing in altitude, it wound through redwood forests that were truly awe inspiring. The immensity of the forest and trees, and the silence, brought to mind being in a cathedral. Incredible experience. And the road became quite technical. I am doing a poor job describing the ride, but as I noted in an earlier post, some things have to be experienced in order to be understood.

I have a few pics from the road north of Fort Bragg. After my hotel stay, I think I will be staying here a couple more days camped in the redwoods and will get some forest pictures.

















Comments