Skip to main content

Morro Bay State Park

Departed Lost Hills KOA this morning in pretty chilly temperatures. Ride was cold the entire way. I was a few miles from Morro Bay, close enough I could smell the ocean, and its still quite cold.

I started descending toward the town and during the last three miles, I could feel the air warming up. An hour after getting to the park, I was at a bay side restaurant, eating fish tacos in a tee shirt. Climate change was dramatic.

Getting cooler now and more storms expected by Sunday. US1 I'd closed from San Simeon to Monterey. Ranger told me they expect it to be closed for two weeks.




                         Condor? Huge bird

Fisherman memorial at Morro Rock




Morro Rock












Sauteed cod fish tacos. Gotta love tacos!

 

Comments

  1. Heather Winchester08 January, 2023 18:37

    My brother Joel proposed to his wife on the top of Morro Rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment