Skip to main content

Embrace Adversity, It Builds Character!

 So, as I started away from Morro Bay, it was sad to think about missing Big Sur, but the weather has sucked and California has kicked my ass, with another storm coming ashore.

But what had I started the trip for? To be comfy? To avoid rain? To get plenty of sleep? What did I want when I left Buddy Al's place in June?

The answer was that I had places I wanted to see and things I wanted to accomplish.

I wanted to visit all the lower 48 states by motorcycle. Not IF I was comfy doing it. I wanted to do it, period. Ride across the Bixby bridge. Not if the weather was good, but regardless of the weather. I wanted to see Death Valley, sleep in the desert, see Big Sur, ride coast to coast, etc. Not with qualifications, I wanted do do those things, period.

With all this in mind, I got on US101 North, with nasty weather starting again.

So now, I have ridden across the Bixby bridge, made it to Big Sur and am now at Carmel By The Sea.

A few pics.

Are these condors? They are huge



















DR with Bixby Bridge in background



Campground closed due to flooding















Comments

  1. Amazing photos, Keith. Your rugged determination is stunning, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "rugged determination"... I like that, though I realize the line dividing determination from "gross stupidity" is rather thin😳

      Delete

Post a Comment