Skip to main content

Around St. Ignace

 Good sleeping last night. Chilly this morning for a five minute ride to McDonalds this morning for coffee.

From there  I went to the bridge viewing site for a few pics, then a ride into St. Ignace. Very nice town, with a tourist bent. Picked up some smoked lake trout. I love rainbow trout, but I found out that lake trout are not my favorite. Very well smoked, but still the oiliest fish ever. Worth trying anyway!

People leaving the peninsula today to return to the grindstone. Kinda sad, actually. Traffic for the southbound approach to the bridge is backed up for two to three miles. Myself, I am staying here tonight.

Tomorrow, I will be laving and heading to the Mariners Museum at Whitefish Point on Lake Superior. From there, I will head west but not sure how far I will get.

Original south bridge tower fog bell


Five workers died building the bridge




How they built this in three years, I dont know

Bridge construction displays 





Manley's smoked fish in St. Ignace



Smoked lake yrout. Very oily!


Comments