Skip to main content

Kingman, AZ In A Storm

 I left Death Valley Thursday morning in the good hands of Tony and Wanda. (Hope I am remembering names correctly!🤔)

They were camped next to me and are busy photographing the park. Wonderful people, hope to run across them again during our travels.

The ride out of the park was quite breezy. The ride on US95 heading to Las Vegas was cold and the wind was insane.






Once in Las Vegas, I stopped by REI and picked up a new tent as the Kelty zipper finally failed. REI was very disappointing with a staff that was friendly but totally incompetent. Such is the world.

Leaving Las Vegas, I intended to go to Bullhead City, AZ. Google had other plans, changing the route at some point and took me down US93 toward Kingman. The wind was terrible, temps around 30 degrees, hard rain, and then 25 miles of snow.

I made it to Kingman and stopped at the first hotel I came to. A half hour shower resolved the hypothermia and got blood flowing into my fingers again. Here for two days with no idea what I will do next, except watch the weather.
I think this may have been the worst day of riding for me, ever. But, I survived and DR excelled. What a bike!




Comments

  1. Keith. I’m going to relinquish the cold weather ride trophy to you. My fake -20 ride to work is no match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was a great scam. Even for you, that was scamming at the next level. Yesterday sucked terrible. The weather here is completely abnormal and unpredictable.

      Delete
    2. Thinking about it now, it was pretty bad-ass Beav!

      Delete
  2. Spring should be interesting, as crazy as Winter has been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Interesting"... don't know how much more of that I need!

      Delete

Post a Comment