Skip to main content

I Am Back!

I am at a hotel in Port Angeles, WA until Saturday.

What I do after that is not yet clear.

Ventured into Olympic Park today, riding on Highway 101W around Crescent Lake. Quite a chilly ride, but a wonderful motorcycle road. 

The road has some significant twists to it, so that I found myself entering a tight turn with oncoming traffic on one side and a ravine on the other. Then, I had an "Oh shit!" moment. In a split second, you have to decide: "Do I stand it up or lean farther?" That is living in the moment; that is the time you know you are alive. Not regretting something that already happened and not worrying about something that might never happen. You're focused on this moment that you are currently living in. Sadly, we spend far too little time living and far too much time worrying and regretting. For the record, I leaned it over. What a ride.

Planning on going to Neah Bay tomorrow. I believe it is the westernmost point of the continental US that you can drive to.

Saturday, when I check out of the hotel, I am considering three options.

1. Ride into BC. Given the weather and a couple of other demands, this is not likely.

2. Ride to the Olympic Coast and camp a couple of days. At first glance, that sounds like fun but the weather could make it very challenging. 

3. Head south. I need to pick up mail in Waterford, CA (thanks Josh and Heather!) and will, once again be needing tires and may have to do something decisive with my chain and sprockets.

So, not sure, for now how it will play out, though BC is just about crossed off the list.

Pics around Neah Bay tomorrow. Neah Bay is part of a Reservation, which I do not really like to travel on. I am guessing the Reservation cops here are quite used to tourists though and probably not assholes. 






Some snow is visible on the peaks above.

Beginning of the rain forest.





Comments

  1. Lake and mountains look amazing. This is a ride of a life time. So glad you took the opportunity. Stay safe! I look forward to seeing where you decide to go next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment