Skip to main content

Back In Death Valley

 2-15-23

I left Lake Isabella/Kern River KOA yesterday morning and rode to Texas Springs campground in Death Valley. 

About 30 degrees when I left, but with little wind and bright sun, the ride started out well.

The ridenorth on CA385 got challenging as the route began paralleling the eastern Sierras. The wind become quite strong and the temperature dropped. I was well protected from the cold, which dropped down to around 20, except for my hands which suffered quite a bit.

As I began the descent to Stovepipe Wells, the temperature moderated and the wind decreased significantly. At Furnace Creek, it was a nice day with temps in the upper 60's. 

Here for four days. Hope the weather stays good.



Riding north with the Sierras





This morning, at 0400, the Big Dipper is high in the sky, the Little Dipper is completely visible, Casseopia is on the horizon and the Scorpion is high in the south. Very clear sky.




Comments