Skip to main content

Beautiful Day

 After leaving the Red Bluff KOA on Saturday, I rode to Waterford, CA. 

I picked up mail and stayed the night with my new friend John Price. John is Heather Winchester's father who was kind enough to let Heather forward my mail to him so I could pick it up (gotta do taxes!)

So, John gave me a place to stay for the night, and along with Heather's brother Joel and family, we went out for... Tacos, naturally!

On Sunday, I attended the service at the Church of the Brethren, where John, in addition to being an almond farmer, is pastor. 

Thank you John, for all of the hospitality. I may be back out in time for the harvest, have to see how things progress. Did not get to say "Good-bye" to Joel and family but seeing them again was a pleasure. I always appreciate good motorcycle stories.

From John's, I rode to Tule campground on Success Lake and spent the night. Beautiful day today. Plan on heading toward Death Valley. Getting a late start and I don't care. Wherever I end up will work.

I just realized I didn't get any pictures at John's. The orchard's are a pretty amazing sight .






Comments