Skip to main content

Arizona!

 Left Silver City this morning, westbound on New Mexico Highway 90, through the Gila National Forest. Wind was nuts. Heading up to the Continental divide, I crossed an access for the Continental Divide trail, which runs from Mexico to Canada. People that hike that trail are tough!

The top of the ascent was quite cold and windy. I then descended 2000 feet to the desert below, where the weather began to moderate. The desert floor is an enormous valley that is stark, barren and beautiful.

I continued on to US70 West, which took me through the Coronado National Forest. I continued on US70 to the Arizona state line, finally taking Arizona 266 to the KOA at Wilcox. Here for the night. Will depart for Tucson in the morning.



Picture above, descending the west side of the Continental Divide on NM90










Comments