Skip to main content

Statesboro Blues...


 Sinclair lake didn't work out. Actually, a good thing. It is very uncomfortable outside. So, I have a room in Statesboro, GA. Cant get too much of the Allman Brothers: Statesboro Blues

If I had thought of it, I would have visited the grave sites for Gregg and Dwayne in Macon. I did get to stop at Stone Mountain for a view of the carving of President Jefferson Davis, Gen. Robert E. Lee and Gen. Stonewall Jackson. The surrounding park is quite large and beautiful and very commercialized, unfortunately.

The Bellamy Brothers got it right in their song:

You Ain't Just a Whistling Dixie

Georgia is gorgeous. Stunning, gorgeous, beautiful state and everyone I have encountered has been very pleasant, nice, polite with curiosity about my Nebraska license plate. Really wonderful people.

My conclusion? Georgia is a peach!

Enough rambling, time for a few pictures around Sparta and some sleep.










Comments

  1. Does the steam train will go around Stone Mountain? It did 27ish years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next stupid question. Are you going through Helen, Ga? Majority of the buildings are Bavarian design. Somehow I remember this from 27 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith Shedron26 July, 2022 07:14

    I doubt that one will happen. Heading into South Carolina today

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment