Skip to main content

Finishing the Trace

 7-20-22

I left Jackson this morning. Arrived in Franklin, TN about 22:30 tonight. Long day.

At Tupelo, I stopped for some tacos at D' Casa Restaurant. Two chorizo and two carnitas. Splendid!



I came to a remnant of the original Natchez Trace Trail. Looked like a good spot to take DR. It was, until I got to the end of the track. I decided I could venture a little bit into the woods to get turned around. Not such a good idea. I ended up far enough into the woods that I could not figure out where the hell the Trace was. I had wandered far enough though that I could see a gravel road ahead of me. I turned towards it. Naturally, before I got to the pavement, I got stuck. After unloading the bike, I was able to get it up to the road and then reloaded it. Not one of my best moves...







The road cuts through the northwest corner of Alabama before heading into Tennessee.




Where to next? Heading east....




Comments