Skip to main content

And The Rains Came...


Close quarters!

 Heat continues. My tent is all mesh on the walls with a separate rain fly to cover. Screaming hot, so I left the fly off. Still too hot to sleep, so I put my air mattress outside and slept there. Believe it or not, the mesh tent allows very little air flow. The breeze made laying outside tolerable and I was out like a light. Until, thunder woke me up at 0430. Wasn't supposed to rain, but the sky didn't seem to care about that prediction. A mad dash to get the fly on and get vulnerable items into the tent. I almost made in but got soaked in the end. Bright side,? It has cooled down quite a bit.

Comments

  1. This is a tough trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith Shedron15 July, 2022 06:12

      It has had its moments...

      Delete
  2. Rule number 1. If you dont want it to rain prepare for it to rain.
    2. If want to rain dont prepare for it to rain. When we afe riding and it looks like its gonna pour. I put my rain suit on, then it doesn't rain and I sweat my ass off, but im notvriding in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith Shedron16 July, 2022 20:37

      I don't carry a rain suit. If it rains, I get wet. If it doesn't, I don't. Perfectly predictable.

      Delete

Post a Comment