Skip to main content

Wait... Back to Missouri? ....

 Today seemed like a good time to ride to Caruthersville, MO. Why, well, because I have never been there. I was not certain that Sikeston alone could give good claim to having "been in the bootheel". On the way, I passed through Kennett, MO and discovered it is the hometown of singer Sheryl Crow. Maybe she knew Sara Evans while growing up? Not too far apart...

Caruthersville surprised me. Very nice, well kept town. And it contains a war memorial to Lt. Col. John England, a well decorated ace of WW2. He died while landing a military plane in Toul, France in 1954.

As part of the memorial, there was a display of a P-80 Shooting Star. Only one I have ever seen. Our first active jet fighter, I believe.

Little break in the weather tonight with a cool front moving in. Supposed to be down in the mid-60's. That will be fine with me. Tomorrow will be spent preparing to leave Arkansas and head to......




Comments

  1. Hope your having a blast bud. When you get tired of it you can come on back to the RR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith Shedron19 June, 2022 05:35

    ...to RR? What's "RR"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your finally doing it. Glad the weather has given you a break. Keep up the posts.
    Allen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment