Skip to main content

Face To Face With A Bridge

 Beautiful riding this afternoon. I intended a short ride after adjusting my chain but somehow found myself in Blanchard Caverns. That was when it got "interesting".

I came up on a low water bridge. The approach appeared wet, but was not actually wet with water. It was coated with slime of some sort that was very slippery. DR went down and I got a very intimate introduction to the bridge surface. DR came out ok, though the right handguard bracket will need a little tweaking. No serious damage to me but very sore ribs and right elbow. I think I am getting too old for these impacts. Shuffleboard is starting to make sense to me...



Comments

  1. Was there a “slippery when wet” sign? If not. You should sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sign. Ribs wish there had been .

      Delete
  2. Keith, Keith, Keith! Your guardian angels are gonna ask God to be re-assigned to someone not quite as adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith A Shedron25 October, 2023 13:20

      To the contrary, I imagine that they are quite pleased to have an assignment which requires an ongoing focus and attention to duty! Getting better, I think I will be able to ride DR to the bible study tomorrow morning.

      Delete

Post a Comment