Skip to main content

Bull Shoals And The Buffalo River

 Camping at Lakeview Park on Bull Shoals Lake.

Bull Shoals is a very large lake by Midwestern estimates, with a surface area over 45,000 acres, over twice the size of it's next door neighbor, Norfork Lake, which weighs in at 22,000 acres.

All in all, a stunning place to be in springtime.

Another place I made my way to today was the ghost town of Rush, AR. It was a zinc mining town that fell into decline after WW1. Not much left, but it is the location of Rush Campground, on the beautiful Buffalo river. The Buffalo is very popular with canoeists and fishermen





Views of Bull Shoals dam, above.

The Buffalo River



Rush campground. Water not turned on yet so camping is free!

I found some poison ivy! Joy. Hoping I didn't contact it before I noticed it. I'll know in the morning, if not sooner.


Comments

  1. Did you get the poison ivy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith Shedron01 May, 2023 18:43

    No, thankfully. I did, however, end up with a bite on my left shoulder that was, I suspect a spider bite. Mostly cleared up now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment